Sunday, November 11, 2007

Our Navajo Jewelry Maker



Our Navajo Jewelry Maker
I'm a full blooded Navajo from the Shiprock area of the Navajo Nation. My grandfather was an accomplished traditional Navajo silversmith. I learned from him how to choose the best turquoise and silver materials. I didn't care much for silversmithing but loved jewelry. I got a chance to take a beading class from a local teacher where I learned loom beading, peyote stitch, and how to bead around stones. I learned how to make loom beaded bracelets with Native American designs from a Lakota lady. I've also studied with other contemparary beaders where I learned modern techniques and designs. My goal is to merge the Navajo and Native American traditions, with the modern to create my own unique style of Navajo jewelry. Please take a look at my gallery here at L. & T.A. Frank Natural Body Care Products and Shaman Metaphysical Store and please return often as new items will present themselves as I continue my journey in jewelry making.L. G. FrankNavajo Jewelry Link

No comments: