Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Importance of Protection


New Age Spirituality

The Importance of Protection

The world has always had negative beings and spirits. That’s just the nature of the Universe. However, now days I think we may be seriously imbalanced and bent more towards the negative than the positive. Anyway, as there are negative beings, spirits and negative energy out there it is very important to protect yourself.

If you have positive spirit beings around you, and or positive power animals, ask them to protect you.
I start off every morning with asking the spirit people to protect me.

Father Heaven, Mother Earth, Spirits of the ancestors, Tenger of the four directions, ongon spirits, nature spirits of the mountains, waters, and forests, spirits of all animals, I honor you and thank you! Please be watching over me, please be protection me. Please be helping me, hurai, hurai, hurai.

I also wear a protection mirror and protection stones and jewelry. Some items reflect negative energy away and some absorb the negative energy into themselves. So I don’t end up absorbing the negative energy into myself.

Also, I do a meditation where I envision a blue light completely covering my whole body like an egg shape or cocoon. Then I envision a net of armor covering the egg. This covering is like a metal screen or kevealar and only good things can come through it. The bad things bounce off and away. I do this meditation also for my family members, my home, my land, and all of our animals.

One has to be aware of people too. Because of the imbalance of the way we live in the modern world, the fast pace, stress, etc. People can without even knowing they are doing it, send out negative energy that can harm others. To make a more positive environment, it is best to shield yourself from the negative energy (the egg covering thing) and then send them back love. To enable yourself to do this just see the person as something that you could never feel hate or anger at. (Maybe a kitten?). Also, people can project their anger at you and say the most hateful words. One friend of mine has a very useful tool to keep herself from absorbing all the hateful messages. She says to herself every time some one says something negative to her, “cancel cancel cancel. You could also say, delete delete delete or what other words that will get this negativity out of your mind three times.

Be aware that you may also send out negative energy. Take care of yourself as much as you can. We live in a society that believes in workaholics and rewards those with positive feed back if they just work all the time. Balance means working sometimes, spending time with family and friends, having fun sometimes, resting sometimes, maybe just setting near some trees and taking in their positive energy. As you work towards balance in your life you will be less likely to send out negative energy.

To create positive change in the world, follow this old saying of a friend of mine. She put on all of her emails: Become the change you want to see.

For example: if you don’t like racism, then don’t start off all of your conversations with this black lady, this white man, this Mexican, etc. See each person as the unique individual that they really are. I start conversations off like this: “I know this wonderful person who makes the loveliest sculptures.” And remember, it’s been scientifically proven that we humans are 99.9 % exactly the same. In fact it has been scientifically proven that no other creature on Earth is more exactly the same than humans.

I think being in balance can mean getting away from the idea that more is better. Or more makes you useful, valuable. Too often I hear people say that someone is good because they have a palace, or they are valuable because they have five PhD, or I can tell that person is spiritual because they have five trucks and expensive clothing.

I truly believe that a person’s value has nothing to do with material gain. Creator created you and that is where your value lies. Nothing else can make you valuable.

Many blessings.
Reverend Amy


For your New Age spiritual supplies click the Shaman Metaphysical Store Link


No comments: